Mushroom, Tomato, Basil FrittataFrittatas such as this one are a great addition to your Healthiest Way of Eating any time of day. They not only provide great flavor one serving contains only 144 calories. Enjoy!
Prep and Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Mince onions and press garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out their hidden health benefits.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in a 10-inch stainless steel skillet. Healthy Sauté onion over medium low heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and continue to sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add 1 TBS broth, tomato, salt, and pepper and cook for another minute. Stir well, and gently scrape pan with a wooden spoon to remove any slight burning.
- Beat eggs well, and season with salt and pepper. Mix in chopped basil. Pour eggs over vegetables evenly and turn heat to low. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes, or until firm. Cut into wedges and serve.